Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Faux metal

Hey again stampers! I had some cards left over from a previous workshop and decided to play around. I had made this monogram with the faux metal technique. I decided to make a flowerpot with it and add my flower made from the First Edition DSP. My leaves are punched from the blossom builder punch.


If you have never tried the faux metal before, it's super easy. Just cover a small piece of cs with Versamark ink and add a metallic embossing powder of your choice. For this one I used pewter. Heat it up until it melts. Let it cool for a min and then cover again with Versamark. Again add embossing powder and heat. While it is still hot. cover again with powder (no need to add ink this time), and heat again. Add a last layer of powder and heat. Ink a stamp of choice with versamark ink, and working quickly, stamp down into hot powder. Hold for about 30 seconds and remove. You will have an awesome impression.



Hopefully you will try this out. Just be careful and don't burn your fingers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment